HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remington 770
Thread: Remington 770
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 07:49 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GOOD OLE BOY
I think that is the model that Rem molds the plastic stock with an eye for a sling and no stud.Those stocks are junk and I know of a case where one broke right off when walkin with the rifle shouldered.The Rifle fell right to the ground.He had to get a replacement stock which was a PITA.I won,t own a Rifle without a sling swivel stud.
there is a ton of company's that make replacement stocks for the 770 and there NOT hard at all to get or replace

and most are well under 200 bucks?
and almost ZERO rifles I know of come with a swivel sling mount on there stocks, and this includes some \super HIGH end rifles!
I agree there sure nice and saves things from coming loose, but I don;t think it really adds any strength to things!

everything and anything can break, from a flaw from when made to how cared for and handled and used/abused

but tyopiclaly stocks on rifles are pretty solid items that last a long time

over the yrs there have been flaws in some models(CZ safari model comes to mind, where the recoil lug would hit and break stock after a bunch of shots being fired and, then ther redesigned things to stop it)

but its not a very common flaw in most rifles

any how
here is some replacement stocks, as stated NOT hard to find or options t here is 3 pages of stocks to pick from, with little effort to find them!

https://1022racerifle.com/remington/770/stocks/