HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - For Sale: CVA Optima V2 Pistol w/Accessories
Old 01-01-2021, 02:50 AM
GPMD
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mwest13579
hear is my number I'm matt 1 540 632 3449 call today and we will work out payment and shipping
Hi Matt,

it’s funny, this post was a few years old and every sale fell thru so I hung onto the pistol. I moved last year and have a few acres to hunt now so started using it again. Found the perfect load, 80gr blackthorn, 240gr Xtp with crushed rib sabot. From a rest, dead on at 25 with touching holes, maybe an inch off at 50 with .5” groups. I’m sure it could do better but I didn’t put much time in once it was in kill zone.
Took a doe 2 weeks ago with it at 35yd. Last light and didn’t know where I hit. Thought maybe gut so I left. Next day I found her maybe 65yd away, perfect shot. But my lack of skill and confidence made me worry all night. I decided even before I found the deer that I wanted to sell it again. Not worth the worry to me of making a bad shot.
Im not home now but when I get back I’ll go thru everything again to make sure it’s what I had posted. Pistol has maybe 15 more shots thru it than when I posted. Almost full box of sabots that I bought this season, still have maybe 15 bullets.
I’ll be in touch later this evening with updated pics

rich