HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new deer rifle suggestions
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 06:41 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by demo_matt
my rem 710 in synthetic stock is light- thats one thing I like about it- recoil not an issue. it just has a "cheap" kind of feel to it. and the bolt release is a total cluster@#$%..
I think your missing my point here
a Rem model 710 is NOT considered a LIGHT weight rifle, its a full sized basic rifle(its close to a 7-1/2 lb rifle MINUS a scope sling , or loaded with ammo!

a TRUE light weight rifle will be much lighter by DESIGN(rem 700 mountain rifles, ruger mark II Ultra light, Savage ultra lights, Kimbers, and so on,, these are rifle designed to be LIGHT weight by, having special stocks that shave weight, thinner barrels, and trimmed metal off actions and where ever to enable the rifle to WEIGHT less!
many are well under 6 llbs, and many can be at about the 7 lb mark with a scope and some even loaded with ammo as well!

TRUE custom light weight rifles can cost however More than your 1000 dollar budget, but many factory one's can be had in your price range if you REALLY wanted a lightweight rifle
as you mentioned in your post !

SO, AGAIN, when you get into TRUE ultra light rifles, unless you add muzzle brakes to them, recoil increases, its science at work, NO way around it! its science at work, not opinions!

AND a TRUE ULTRA LIGHT 30/06 will have noticeable recoil over your 710 you have!
just saying, and replying based on the info you posted !

Last edited by mrbb; 12-29-2020 at 06:43 PM.