HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for somewhere to hunt
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 07:09 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

well I will never say you WON"T find some place to hunt off a forum, be it here or else where, but its a low odds deal IMO
reason being , some reasons' being
, your a first time member looking for a place to hunt on private lands
and well, NO one here know's you, here to say your a good safe hunter and have qualities worth in voting or recommending to a land owner.

IMO however I agree it never hurts to ask adn try,
as you never know, maybe someone here is also looking for a new hunting buddy and is in your area(and well listing your area can help here if you wanted to share)
but not all hunters or forum folks are as tight about there hunting spots as others are, and some DO share
over my yrs on forums, I have been invited onto other members lands and hunts!
BUT do admit it wasn't something that happened in my first few posts, it took getting to know each other and having shared idea's and opinions and such, that took time to develop, before invites happened.
Also, it seemed to happen more on forums that also had get together in person, like camp outs or shoots or other activities, where folks got to actually meet face to face and talk off a open forum

BUT since they don't happen much on most forums, next best HOPE here for you might be, in a PM, where you can talk to a member off a public viewing
as if anyone was to post on an open public forum, a GOOD place to hunt, to give out private land owners info, them places would end up getting ruined real fast and I would also gather some pissed off land owners too, for someone posting there info, from names or location ONLY, is enough to upset land owners!

Some suggetsions to try that have worked for me over the yrs is
asking in the off season, and just driving about area's I liked or felt were where I'd like to hunt and actually knocking on doors and asking for permission.
I have also had very good luck with talking to area's I like, there Game wardens in them area's, they seemed to always know what land owners were unhappy with wildlife an d also, more friendly to hunters!
some times got names and addresses from them, some times, just general area's to try!

another thing I found that worked, as local churches that had meetings and or bulletin boards and placing a add on them!
I have even known a few guys that posted adds in local news papers in area's they wanted to hunt and got replies that way!

But to come on a forum and just ask, no one knowing you , is kind of a low odds deal

Spend time here getting to know members and them getting to know you and odds go up!

hope this helps some, as its meant too,
and no bash here

best of luck to you!

Last edited by mrbb; 12-29-2020 at 04:08 AM.