HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Elk rifles
Thread: Elk rifles
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 03:26 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I think a lot of hunters are more than happy with the rifles they have and know what they can do, and as such, just don;'t buy into the hype of all the new and so called greatest calibers being offered, same can be said with a lot of older hunters are not into the crazy about huge scoops and long range shooting at animals, when they most likely killed a ton of things all at close ranges with basic calibers
them new rifle calibers are just not needed for most or wanted
its more about being the cool kid IMO, yes some calibers are nice and all, but its not like there doing anything the older calibers tried and proven DON"T do!

anyone that wants a new rifle and caliber, have at it, nothing wrong with it, but I don;t think any NEW caliber is that attractive to make older hunters rush out and buy them!
gun collectors and guys that just like to shoot alot or often, are the one's IMO< that are buying the new rifles, some of it due to marketing hype and wanting that cool kid status again, and some , just cause they LIKE to shoot!

most hunting camps I visit at, all still have most guys with same old rifles they always had!