HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The craziest things
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 06:16 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

as I stated in other posts, I have found dozens of deer that had previous wounds and projectiles in them from broadheads to bullets, managed one property that EVERY deer we killed(about 25) in a short period, ALL had at least one in them/
Like it or not there are a lot of deer and critters that shot at and don't die, be in hunting or cheaters out of season shooting at therm, heck, its NOT that unknown for farmers to deliberately WOUND deer to get them off there crops, and there hopes are they run off and die, rather than trying to kill them , as if they do that it turns into work for them! to procerss/report them!
Known Countless farmers that carried guns in tractors just for this , sad, but its true!
Having also worked at a butcher shop off and on for a few decades, and working with a taxidermist skinning and butchering game, again, I have found a LOT of bullets and broadheads over the decades, so its really NOT that uncommon, and in some places its way more common that others!

NOW< as for actually seeing wounded game in the field while hunting, I have also encountered this on many occasions, and I have always done my best to end any wounded animals suffering
from being on a rather costly deer hunt in Alberta Canada,(as well as many other places, sucks to loose a tag, but there is the right and wrong way to be ethical IMO) had a wounded smaller buck show up, I would NOT have shot other wise,
but I killed it,, cost me a very costly tag too, but , I felt it was the right thing to do, as even if an animal seems OK< with a wound or injury, odds are many times there NOT, gangrene can set in, and or infections can happen, making a SLOW And sad way for an animal to die!SO< IMO<
when we hunters encounter things as this and can LEGALLY end its suffering, its the RIGHT thing to do and the as far as I am concerned the ethical thing to do to!