HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Equipment Question
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 06:03 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

yes its nice to have experience with all types of hunting weapons(don't forget hand guns LOL)

but there also is no reason to have to hunt with a type of weapon to own and enjoy using it too
target shooting is a great sport too, and will get you a lot of experience at shooting different types of weapons and from there maybe you can pick the one's you like best, and then focus on them seasons

as again the fine details of a season and how a weapon can be set up, or type can make a big difference
as many states again have rules on muzzleloaders, some require only use of open sights, NO SCOPES< some are fine with any sight minus maybe some electrical one's(night vision, thermals and such )
so states consider inlines , more like modern rifles and don't allow in there muzzleloader seasons, even though they are muzzleloaders
so, before buying anyone, make sure it can be used in any seasons your thinking of, or you might end up with owning a gun that won'r work/be legal to use!

I also think many hunters tend to migrate through the seasons and wanting new challenges, or just get more involved with different types of weapons and such seasons, as a way to have more hunting time in the woods.
I know I went down that road decades ago.
just so I could have more chances to hunt longer, so ended up owning about every type of weapon there is for hunting and well, target shooting too, from full auto's down the line to flame throwers and all sorts of archery gear as I also realaly just enjoyed shooting different types of weapons all yr, so, never limited myself to just hunting guns/weapons
always figured more practice I got with all things, better hunting I might be when the time comes to shoot in season!