HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Doing something wrong
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 03:17 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

well its hunting not shooting LOL
BUT honestly, ask yourself, WHY are they NOT landing where your at, odds are there is an answer, all the calling in the world won;'t make a duck/goose land where it doesn;t want to be!
I am not expert waterfowl hunter, killed my share, but never something I got heavy into!

But when I did hunt them, I always tried to set up in places they wan ted to be, as if your not near food or a place they wish to land, there going to keep going, most times

and calling TOO much is just as likely to scare them off than call them in!
its one of them things, you have to play with and try and figure out what there likely to do!

also, keep in mind(not sure what species of things your after), but many geese and other things can get pretty picky on how many decoys need to be out before they will feel safe landing in things
many have learned set ups of hunters, been shot at and as such, got very smart to hunters games!

which is again why I always tended to hunt food sources more than trying to call folks in!

maybe others can give better advice, but
my suggestion is stick with it, and try and figure out where there wanting to land and be, and then try setting up there in the dark a while before light to allow them top NOT see you setting up and such!