Old 10-21-2020, 11:31 AM
TN Lone Wolf
Typical Buck

Default Biden campaign: "Federal law does more to protect ducks than children"

I don't post much political stuff, but I couldn't resist sharing something I just read today. According to Biden, "Federal law does more to protect ducks than children" based on the notion that waterfowlers are limited to 3 shells in their shotguns when hunting migratory birds. Straight from the source:

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/#

Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Federal law prevents hunters from hunting migratory game birds with more than three shells in their shotgun. That means our federal law does more to protect ducks than children. Itís wrong. Joe Biden will enact legislation to once again ban assault weapons. This time, the bans will be designed based on lessons learned from the 1994 bans. For example, the ban on assault weapons will be designed to prevent manufacturers from circumventing the law by making minor changes that donít limit the weaponís lethality. While working to pass this legislation, Biden will also use his executive authority to ban the importation of assault weapons.
Apparently the notion that waterfowl are legal to kill under federal law, unlike children, is lost on them. So too is the fact that waterfowl hunters can still own and use shotguns with a greater capacity than 3 shells, they just need to plug the magazine while hunting. The mental gymnastics required to write this paragraph are impressive, and the lack of understanding of federal law is frankly worrying coming from a contender for the highest office in the nation.