HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HECS body suit
Thread: HECS body suit
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 04:25 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I think one BIG part of something working or not, is HOW much YOU believe in something
if something gives you added confidence, its a win, for you, its a 100% edge IMO<

I am not going to say it doesn't work nor works
as for me, and my experiences with trying different things and spending a LOT of time in the outdoors and near wildlife on a daily basis yr round
I can say I have had countless experiences with wildlife ignoring me being close moving and or??
IMO< some animals just are more sensitive to things than others at times, and in what they will alert on or not!

I am also lucky enough to be near the SAME wildlife often, meaning same deer, bear, and like animals
and I have seen the SAME animal one day react and another day NOT, to me doing the same things!

a prime example is, I have a few resident deer that sort of live in my backyard,(some doe are over 8 yrs old now, they have markings that make IDing them super easy) there here 5-6+ hours a day in my yard!
some days I can run my skid steer within feet of them and they don't move, heck some days they follow me as I have a habitat of knocking apples down when I hit lower hanging branches on some of my apple trees
they will have almost zero fear of me or my machine,(some days they will even stick there heads inside machine and smell me, if I park long enough near them)
and then some days as soon as I start the machine, they can be 10-150 yards away, and they will run off as if someone just scared the heck out of them!

I get this same reaction to other wild critter from bears, foxes, squirrels and other animals
be me on a machine, or me walking about, and I can be wearing camo, bright clothes and so on!
this also applies to me sitting on deck, some days they will run some days they won't care?

I can have squirrel going nuts alarming at me to having them also ignore me!

I gave up trying to find a reason, , most logical for me is simply, some days they are less weary of things and some days there over sensitive and everything in between other days!
Kinda of like why or when sheds fall off, I also found ZERO real reason when that happens, , it just happens when it happens! LOL

but having confidence is a huge part of most things we do, the more confidence you have in something, the more reasons you will find to show it works, nature of the beast !