HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HECS body suit
Thread: HECS body suit
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 04:51 PM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Default HECS body suit

Long read so bear with me. Then you can decide for yourself.
I saw these thing advertised a few years ago and watched several shows featuring this HECS "technology". I thought to myself "yeah right. Like this stuff is for real".
I was the ultimate skeptic. Especially after having 50+ years hunting under my belt. I've had deer within spitting distance of me without sensing me unless I moved or they smelled me.
But about 3 years ago I had some extra cash on hand so I figured what the heck. Let me give this my own test and see if its for real so I ordered a pant and shirt.
Now like I said I've been hunting for a while now. This is my 55th year and I've shot my share of deer and witnessed many more react or not react to my presence. Normally if they saw me they would go on alert but if I didn't move they would ease off cautiously.
Anyway I am convinced that there is something to this technology. I've had deer see me move, look, then go on as if nothing happened. Coincidence? Possibly. You know how pesky squirrels can be once they see a bowhunter in a tree? They will chatter at you for an hour ruining your hunt. I had one the day before I shot my buck climb up an adjacent tree getting eye level with me. We made eye contact and he twitched his tail a couple time the nonchalantly turned and went back down the tree as if unconcerned.

What really convinced me though was this past Tuesday. PA in my area requires a buck to have at least 3 points on one side to be legal. I had a buck come up and catch me off guard. He just popped out of nowhere and was 20 yards in front of me, I could see that he was a forkhorn and he was walking in the thick brush. Try as I might I kept looking to see if he had a brow tine thus making him legal. I was bobbing up and down in my tree stand trying to get a good look at him in the under story. That's when I caught movement about 20 or so yards behind this buck. It was a nice 8 point. He looked right at me several times as he followed the lesser buck. But didn't see me as a threat. He never raised his tail or walked faster. I was able to release an arrow on him and he is now residing in my freezer.
I am convinced that had I not had on the HECS I would have been busted and never had a chance at him. I am no longer a skeptic. I'll take any edge I can.

Last edited by bronko22000; 10-07-2020 at 06:49 PM.