HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which 300 win mag should I get?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 04:37 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I agree, going to hard to buy NEW< a rifle and scope, all the more so if your planning long range work
good rifles will run that and more alone

as for what YOU should buy, this si a personal thing, what I like or someone else may NOT eb what YOU like, or even fit you
every GOOD long standing rifle maker had a range of rifles these days from, higher end one's(more accurate most times) to fancy one's to more economy line ones!

there all fairly decent guns, but some offer better end parts and fitting to justify why the costs are more!
almost ANY rifle today can shoot well when and IF you find the right combo of bullet and powder, ain;t NO rifle made that shoots everything good, no matter the price tag! yes you can get lucky, but every rifle will have ONE load it likes better!

and to LEARN to shoot far is not as simple as buying a rifle and a scope, it takes actual seat time shooting it OFTEN,
don't buy into the marketing that all you have to do is BUY this or that and can shoot FAR,m that's NOT how it works in the real; world and field!
skilled shooters spend a LOT of time and $$$ on practice to be GOOD at things and they do so due to its needed to be consistent at shooting well a far!(30+ yrs of shooting 1,000 + yard matches here, so, I ave some actual experience in this area)