HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - whats your thoughts on this situation
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 01:23 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

like I stated there is a HUGE difference in bear behavior, from being aggressive to being curious, and anyone that hunts in area's with bears should take the time to LEARN the difference
as they say, knowledge is power!
and its rather foolish to hunt where bears are and NOT know much about them

this bear in pic's is again SHOWING ZERO aggression, no pinned back ears, hair standing up
and its 100% JUST being curious
and I will be willing to bet the person in the tree realized this as well, and why they were taking pictures and NOT in FEAR of there life trying tio KILL it!!

over reaction is not something the game wardens tend to stand up for!

think of it this way, you come home find something NEW up a tree in your yard, and you DON"T know what it is
do you run away or go look to see what it is??
all the more so when your more or less the dominant animal in the area?(bears tend to be top of food chain in most places, minus humans)

LONG before a bear is up a tree , most folks have TIME to let the bear know there HUMAN
when hunting over bait many DON"T do so, as don;t went to warn other bears near by of there presence,
but if one was hunting other game, and seen a bear, the SMART thing to do, IMIO< if your SCARED OF BEARS, is let the bear know your there, give them TIME to move off on there own,a s honestly 99% of bears when they see, smell or know a human is close,m will LEAVE
its when they don;t know what you are , or you get too close without them knowing your there, that things can get tricky with them and even then most ALL times they run off over fighting or standing there ground and even more so, MOST all bear charges are BLUFF"S as well, further showing most all bears are NOT looking to KILL a human or even get in a fight
as even in most bear on bar charges they end without a fight, just BLUFF"S and acting tuff! with growls, jaws clicking and such
also keep in mind, when humans get TOO CLOSE< to a bear without it knowing and THEN discover a human close by
they typically get SCARED, and a ANY scared animal is unpredictable, but again, most ALL tend to take the route of fleeing over fighting!, its a natural instinct most all things have , and YES< bears DO get scared of humans, even HUGE one's, and being honest here, US human's all STINK to pretty much ALL wildlife, we just smell BAD to them it seems LOL

I have bears about my place almost daily several months out of the yr and have so for decades(have also helped tag, trap tag, study relocate and more things with bears over the yrs)
never a single issue with any of them, and SOME have been close enough for me to touch them countless times, as SOME get over curious at times
some see me almost daily when there are apples in abundance and some get rather used to me being about leaving them alone as they do me!!

most people just fear them due to size and that alone is no real LEGAL reason to kill one, you better have details and facts of WHY you shoot one , or might be facing legal issue's real soon!