HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Big Horn Sheep / Mountain Goat
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 03:59 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

the way most folks look at hard to get tags is, this , or its my experience any how

when they draw a HARD to get tag, they TRY and stack the odds as best they an in there favor
that tends to me HIRE help, be it a guide, or a local that just know's the area better, where there known to know of LARGER caliber sized animals and just know the area WAY better than most, , helping to ensure success
BUT if you live where you plan to hunt, know the area have time to scout LOT prior to the season dates, and are in good health and shape
have all tools needed, from optic's and KNOW how to judge the species from FAR away
you can for sure do things on your own too
it really comes down to YOU and what you want and know how to do have things you have, from time to experience to equipment and so on!
I personally find doing things myself more rewarding when I am successful, and even when not, I KNOW I tried my best and that means something to me

but I never drew a super hard to get tag before, or have any to be honest ion area's I live or are close to

so, if I HAD to travel and DEW a tags, I'd be hiring help! !
still want to do all I can myself , but wouldn't want to screw up a maybe once in a life time draw either! by not doing ALL I could to be successful on the hunt!
way easier to make more money than wait another 10-15+ yrs or NEVER IMO!