HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Carbon Express Arrow Selection - ADVICE
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 12:38 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Danzel7777
Hey, I've been hunting with Carbon Express Maxima Red SD 250's (400 Spine) and my arrows I've been told are underspined for my current set up. I am shooting a Hoyt Hyperforce set to 68-69 lbs draw weight. I have a 27" Draw. I've been told i need to move to a stiffer spine which in Carbon Express would be the 350 Arrows (342-350 Spine).

I have two options i'm looking at. Purchasing the stiffer spined Maxima Red SD's or moving to the new Maxima XRZ arrows. Does anyone have any experience with the Maxima XRZ arrows?

Looking to make a decision on which one to go with now that i have a new choice.

If you have a bow shop in your area that should be the place to ask. You could take your bow in and have them put a draw weight scale on it and make a professional recommendation for you new arrows. Much better that taking recommendations from a message board. Not saying there are not some people here who have expertise but the bow shop is a better place to get answers.