HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cameron Co Pennsylvania
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 12:41 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I would also be spending a lot of time on google earth, and I would also maybe even suggest talking to Oldtimer here, he got his elk not so long ago and they used horses to get his out, maybe they haul out elk for a fee, , and maybe I am old or?? but a small or even decent fee to help haul out a elk to me would be money well spent LOL
keep in mind also, that prior to the season, many elk are in the rut and bugling a LOT, so going up ahead of season and listening for them, can also help pin point possible locations, but I will also gather it will draw ion others to like area's
and again, might be worth talking more to local game warden about WHERE they put in food plots on any game lands THIS yr, as they do rotate and change from yr to yr!
and elk like deer will eat out of food plot for the best easiest foods,
follow trails back more to get away from possible crowds
or talk to anyone with any local farms, if they have elk crop damage and are looking to get rid of a cow off there land, elk eat a LOT of crops just liek deer and bears and a bunch of elk in a herd can be down right devastating to a farmers crops! many farmers are more willing to allow when there wallets are being hit, and well, drawing tags are so rare I would gather also helps access private lands with problems from elk!, not like saving lands for family members in buck season and such! !