HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ideal Corona Virus Gun Battery
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 09:37 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Well, during the coronavirus, I’ve actually been home more than usual, not allowed to travel for work, so a lot more guns are getting a lot more attention than usual.

As for my “anti-home invasion” strategy, when the riots were only a few blocks away, I kept the same things beside my bed as I always do, just with more mags on hand. 10.5” SBR in 5.56 with a SiCo Omega suppressor out front, and an integrally suppressed SilencerCo Maxim 9mm pistol. My wife has a Sig P320 9mm on her nightstand every night, and during the riots, she kept her 18” Benelli Super Nova by the bed, which spends about a third to half of the year there anyway.

I focused most of my efforts removing higher value firearms from the safe and stashing them in specific areas of the house which wouldn’t have been expected during looting. A gaggle of people with access to my tools can destroy my house to the point of opening or removing my safes, but hiding a couple dozen specific firearms in the floor joists and in my attic might have saved tens of thousands of dollars from growing legs and walking out of my door. Also, if the house were to be looted, killing a handful of folks and then being gunned down ourselves by the mob seemed less favorable than leaving the house and recovering what could be once the tide ebbed. So our primary plan was safe escape from a looter mob, rather than expecting to stand our ground and mow down dozens of people and pile bodies in our livingroom.

Last edited by Nomercy448; 08-23-2020 at 12:40 PM.