HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cameron Co Pennsylvania
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 12:29 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

well congrats on your draw
I don't have any other suggestions than this, and take with a grain of salt
since the odds of drawing tags are so low, it really might be worth the added costs to hire help IMO

that said, you can also try emailing some of the guides in them area's and ask them for possible deals, on things if you allow them to video your hunt, to help marketing on there side of things, if you follow me here.
as some times they too need help in getting KNOWN to be a outfitter with success rates and all, as , so few hunters draw, not many outfitters get much experience, and since its a cow tag, they might be more willing to help for a lesser fee than on a Bull!
yet there success adds to there benefits on things down the road
so, might be worth emailing or calling some and just asking for what they could offer being on a low budget?
as don't forget that shooting a elk is only half the battle, getting it out and , then processed is also a larger job than many deer hunters can handle!
just saying.

you can also I gather talk to local wardens in the area you have tag for too, many are a LOT better at helping than others, , but most do offer to help, or its been my experience talking to them all over the USA!
heck, many lead me to some super hunts and introduced me to soem outstanding folks, I am now friend with due to them, so, I always talk to locals where ever I plan to go!

any how, best of luck to you in any way you do it!