HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Stories/ pictures
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 09:12 AM
Bocajnala
Super Moderator

Default Hunting Stories/ pictures

Post a hunting picture and tell the story(or the lie).

​​​​​​We can keep this thread going, I know most of us have allot of pictures and stories. If you find yourself bored, load a picture and tell the story.

This was 2017 I believe. It was the middle of the first week in PA gun season. Probably Wednesday or Thursday. These are my favorite kind of days
to hunt, because there's usually not too many people in the woods.

So, I had a a small group, and we were going to put on small drives that usually get missed on the opener and weekends when we have more people. We were going to park the Jeep and work our way through some public areas putting on these little drives. We focus on small wood blocks, thick areas, swamps, etc. Areas that can be covered with one or two drivers and a few shooters. These days are almost always productive for us.

We had moved some does around that morning, but no bucks. So we set up this drive. This area was logged out several years ago and it's full of red and green briars. It is a NASTY place to try to get through and most people won't go in there. Dad, my uncle, and myself were going to push through it. I jumped a deer up pretty early but couldn't see it. I yelled "deer up" to let the others know one was moving.

When dad heard me yell, he climbed up on a stump to get a higher view, and saw this little buck running out behind the drive. He shot, and disappeared into the brush, falling clean off the stump into a tangled mess. My uncle and I worked our way over to him and he had made it back up onto the stump by that point. Due to falling he hadn't seen the buck react or which way it headed after the shot. He directed me to where he thought the buck had been. And shortly after I found blood. Deer only went about 30-40 yards.

I sent dad ( an ultra marathon runner) out to get the Jeep, which was about a mile away at that point. I gutted the deer and then drug it down to the closest road we could get to. It was a fun and memorable hunt.

-Jake