HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - asked for advice then tells you your wrong?
Old 06-23-2020, 05:39 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

well not that is really matters, but I really wouldn;t be considering an ELK and a BEAR in the same league when your talking body parts, there is a bigger difference in where fat builds and muscle and I have to thing even some thicker bones, hair and??

I am again NOT saying a 308 wouldn;t kill both just fine, they SURE would IMO
but there two total different animals in a lot of ways! IMO!
all have vitals , but some I think have a little more to consider before making a shot on either one than them being the same like!

and when your dealing with animals that have big claws and teeth, there is that side of things too when tracking a less than perfect hit animal, I have tracked a lot of things, and tracking something that has its own weapons, is far different , than those that don't
and YES a an elk can do damage too, but again, has different tools!

So, its not just size or LBS of an animal that can be something else to consider, and again, I have heard first hand how SO Many folks have this wrong idea that bears are out to eat us!
and that NEEDING a huge caliber to make them feel better about things
again, NOT needed and just a real lack of understanding the animal being hunted!! and well, t understanding the real way bullets kill! and what makes them do so!

there are a TON of great bear caliber's and bullet combo's on the market
I wouldn';t be able to ever say one is the BEST, too many are far too close in what they can do to even try to IMO!

we all LIKE what WE like
from calibers, actions on our rifles!
a lot fo splitting hairs when deciding and again, it tends to come down to WANTS more than needs , when buying MOST things in life IMO!

Last edited by mrbb; 06-23-2020 at 05:46 PM.