HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - One week left in the season and need some help
Old 05-24-2020, 06:21 PM
Tyl3r
Spike

Originally Posted by CalHunter
Probably need more information and others will follow with more ideas and tactics but...
Is this public or private property? Do other people hunt this field or near it? Are other people within earshot calling turkeys as well?

How big is the field? What is the terrain like? Is there some kind of food plot or naturally occurring food source for the turkeys? Is there brush or cover on your side of the field? Is there brush and cover all the way around the field? Do the turkeys stay on the other side of the field the entire day? Do you have any photos of the filed or perhaps some kind of drawn map (nothing that will give away your spot)? Do you have access to the whole field? Where do the turkeys roost? What time do they show up on the other side of the field or is that where they first fly down to?

What style or method are you hunting with? Calling with no decoys? Calling with decoys? Spot and stalk? Run and gun? Different members on here hunt with different styles and can give you different ideas and tips on their preferred style of hunting. I know I've asked you a ton of questions but without more info, people would be giving you generalized ideas or thoughts that might not apply to your specific situation at all. Hopefully this generates a lot of help for you.
ok sorry for the delay, the red is where my blind is and i can hunt most of that whole east edge of the planted field. the blue is where they come in. and they roost somewhere in the black (dont know exactly where cause i cant hunt there) i cant shoot into the field so i have to use a trail on my side. where the blind is at its at the highest point of the field (the field is pretty hilly) they arent henned up its just a group of toms and jakes. i usually see them around 9 but the owners say they see them in their yard at like 11. i have tried a solo jake and hen with a jake. ive yelped at them but when i do it seems to clear them out for some reason. they do go to the middle of the field every now and then but not a ton so i have to try to call them up from the opposing edge where they enter so they can see the decoys but they clear out when i call. the other hunters hunt both opposing edges of the field.
Attached Images