HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Live free rifle?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 09:34 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

I have built literally hundreds of AR’s, and among them more than 50 LFAR’s, I would kill to be able to charge $1800-2300 for such a bare bones rifle.

They’re tagging the Ballistic Advantage barrel name to appear like it’s something it isn’t, and then adding cerakote to increase appeal. Doesn’t seem as if the FCG is anything but Mil-spec, and they’re just forged receivers, so really they just suck a $300 barrel into a plain Jane LFAR, slapped cerakote on it, and upcharged $800.

I noted in their feature upgrade options, they are upcharging full retail prices! So they’re valuing the Magpul standard offering at $0, no replacement credit toward the upcharged product, and then not passing along any volume discount to the consumer. You’d be better off buying the rifle standard and buying a stock on your own on sale, then reselling the Magpul stock - you’d be $50 ahead.

So looking at those aspects, I personally wouldn’t buy from them. Sounds like you’re considering a used rifle - personally, for $1300, I’d buy a less expensive model and replace the barrel to have an equivalent rifle to the LFA, or build one up from parts.