HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Can you micro adjust your draw length?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 03:35 AM
Giffford
Spike

Originally Posted by hunters_life
mrbb, not wanting to sound argumentative but you are incorrect about your support arm not being slightly bent. That is correct and proper form. You will notice, if you watch all the pro shooters, they do indeed keep a slight bend in, if they are right handed, the left arm. With the palm open and the grip supported in the cleft of the palm. This isn't just to eliminate string slap, it is also to prevent torking the bow. I'm by no means a professional archer but I was taught by one of the top archers in the country.

Giffford, do you shoot with a release aid and string loop? If you do, you can adjust some small increments into your draw length by making your loop a bit longer or your release aid, if it is adjustable, a bit longer.
Originally Posted by mrbb
I agree yes you can, but I really doubt your going to notice a 1/4 inch difference

learning and knowing what good form is, and making sure you have it right .

if your a right handed shooter as an example, your left arm shouldn';t be being held bent at all, , it should more or less be straight and almost locked like
if your trying to control arm slap from the string, by bending the arm to keep things away
your shooting form is OFF< and your bow most likely has too short of a brace height
the shorter the brace height the more consistent and solid your shooting form has to be to avoid arm slap, there just harder bows to shoot well, without good form period!

when you get into bow with longer brace heights, there more forgiving on shooter form and easier for a newer bow shooter to learn on!

so, this might be something you didn't think about or know before buying the bow you have?
Yea I didn’t know much about bows or anything like that when I bought my bow. I had no clue compound archery was this complex😂. And Um I didn’t shorten my draw length because I was afraid of arm slap. Don’t really have a problem with that, I shortened it because I felt like I was able to stabilize better when I slightly bent my arm. After I had it shortened by half an inch I realized that I felt a little too crammed. Thank you for the advice though, I will definitely work on my form. Still just learning.