HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Can you micro adjust your draw length?
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 07:18 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hunters_life
mrbb, not wanting to sound argumentative but you are incorrect about your support arm not being slightly bent. That is correct and proper form. You will notice, if you watch all the pro shooters, they do indeed keep a slight bend in, if they are right handed, the left arm. With the palm open and the grip supported in the cleft of the palm. This isn't just to eliminate string slap, it is also to prevent torking the bow. I'm by no means a professional archer but I was taught by one of the top archers in the country.

Giffford, do you shoot with a release aid and string loop? If you do, you can adjust some small increments into your draw length by making your loop a bit longer or your release aid, if it is adjustable, a bit longer.
no harm, but if you read what I said, I said ALMOST locked,
leaving some room?
I been in archery a LONG time and shot with a lot of pro's over the yrs as well

but shooter form is a big part of being a good consistent shot with a bow, and the facts are , short brace height bows are harder for shooters to master,a s small errors in form show up faster!

odds are again, the OP< would be better off learning form , or a bow they can master better, than twisting strings and such to Micro tune
as what happens when they go and replace strings, a rather normal wear and tear item. every time they will be twisting and trying to get things back
they can learn to HAVE a custom string made to there SET size, which is NOT a big deal for a shop to do, as most all shops MAKE there own strings these days
but they will be off spec if the maker looks up size
I was just giving other options/idea's and thoughts