HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Coyote Hunt in Detroit
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 09:41 AM
Valorius
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mrbb
best advice, is fence in your yard so they cannot get to your small dog!!
This is a real pet peeve of mine. People ask for a specific thing, and other posters just start posting their own unsolicited opinions and do not answer the OPs question at all.

odds are its illegal to hunt in the city limits, so your not going to find anyone to do so, and odds them getting ALL them,. is slim to none! they will keep coming back as they reproduce!
According to this article here (which is from 2016, so OP I would definitely do more research on the topic if you have not already):
https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...igan/83553624/

It has always been legal to hunt coyotes on your property in Mich, and they have expanded the hunting season to year round, including at night. Cities typically have no discharge of firearms laws, but in most cities it is legal to shoot a bow. So I would check your local ordnances and find out what kind of hunting specifically would be legal, if any.

If it turns out no form of hunting would be legal, call a pest removal service and seek their assistance/advice.

While you will never reduce the population to 0 from hunting, coyotes are smart, and will avoid his property if they know that going there will probably cause them to get killed.