HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowhunting tracking nock
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 12:36 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DIY_guy
So, we agree, its nothing to develop a product like this around.
again, I never said it was.
but the point of a device to track deer, would typically only be needed in deer /game that was shot poorly,NO??
and most deer/game shot well, die in a rather short distance from a hunter, many times in sight of them!
so, when your trying to make a device to aid in finding LESS than stellar hit animals, you might want to be able to track them, for more than 28 hours!
I know over MY life time, I have been a part of helping recover many deer that were found a few days after being shot

as many times the shooter looks HARD for a day or so, before asking for help
and the game some times has been found over a mile away!
'using basic tracking skills, as well as at times a tracking dog!

as its been MY experience that when you make a GOOD shot in vitals , things don';t often run that far and get found in a much shorter period of time.

NOT always, but most times!

its again,
when poor shot placements happen, , that is when things get tricky to find them,some times, and the need or HELP of a device to find them would be NICE to have!
this is why I have stated, I think many times a delay in when a device comes alive would be helpful
this way a battery can last longer and help recover harder to find game!

28 hours, is great for GOOD hit animals, but some of them that travel FAR due to poor placement hits, might take a LOT longer to find, if one tries and puts the effort into it!
just saying again, NOT picking an argument here!