HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowhunting tracking nock
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 06:04 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DIY_guy
And that ok for us to agree to disagree. Ive been bowhunting for nearly 50 years and have been doing tracking for others for about as long. Ive seen a lot on many hundreds of tracking jobs. I also do deer culling with a bow for my municipality and last year alone took 15 deer and an elk with my bow. Last year, the live weight of all my bow kills was 3,500 pounds, the year before that it was 4,430 pounds of animals taken with a bow. While what you describe is possible, its not likely or probable and certainly not so common as to try to build an argument upon. Its certainly so rare as to NOT be something a company would build a product around.
well wasn't trying to pick fight here, nor call out your experience
I too have killed a LOT of deer and other critters, over my life time, never brother to weight them, also did cull work and the totals if I would have kept track of numbers, would be rather high!

I have also tracked a lot of wounded game, and I LIVE where wildlife is all yr round, manged a ton of properties as well, so I see them yr round and how injuries effect many of them!

and see wounded game weeks or months after being shot poorly and then find them dead, SO< I again Stand by what I said, , saying after 28 hours there NOT going to die < is 100% BS
I typically find about 20+ deer dead behind my house every YR for several decades, and thats not me covering a ton of ground, but is on heavy hunted lands
and cannot tell you how many other things I have found on all the other lands I managed!

I agree its not something to develop a product based around, but it doesn;t change the fact, animals shot, don't always die in a 28 hour period,
many live a LOT longer before succumbing to there wounds!