HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Elk hunting value?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 12:40 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I think your hunting for what YOU want to charge people here
and honestly, what you need to look at is, the average costs for leased lands in YOUR area
trophy's can show up almost any where
so unless you can PROVE your lands have been managed for trophy quality bulls, for several yrs, a and be able to prove hunting pressure on lands for again several yrs!
your not going to pull premium land lease costs!

and without there being lodging on site, this also is less attractive to folks willing to pay higher prices!

also need to break down your acres, as to how many actually HOLD elk on them and not just the mass amount of acres on hand!
how many acres are hunt-able
and then look at what the land that border your are like and pressure on them as well!
and you cannot really ignore the mule deer hunting or other game animals that can be hunted, as there numbers and quality will also determine what a property is worth to the average person looking to LEASE lands

as it all adds up to the lease's value for those planning to lease or not!

again, look at other ranches and lands in YOUR area and find out what there getting per ace or as a whole, and you'll have a idea on what you MIGHT get
you can try higher and HOPE to get lucky, 'or go lower and be more likely to be booked/leased!

all comes down to what YOUR willing to take to be honest!

hunters typical want a DEAL, its the human nature of things, and if there leasing, and live far away, there typically looking for lodging too, as they are already traveling to get there, and don;t want to travel every day to hunt too!

My last lease was for 14 days in ND , I leased 15,000 acres(well was more of a rental IMO) that came with a house and access to hunt all game on it if I had lic/tags to do so, for $35.00 a day, that was a whopping $ 490.00 and was in 2015, so a few yrs back now!( I was also able to add another 10,000 acres for a added cost of $150 bucks LOL)

SO< I know its not the same as what your offering, just saying, I'm cheap I guess when it comes to leasing/renting, and have found countless deals like this over my yrs traveling all over the western part of USA!

but also many other hunters are as well
and those willing to PAY more, tend to again want it all in one spot!(lodging, hunting, and a chance to hunt what ever they can get tags for, )