HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Can we knock it off with the airgun crap?
Old 04-09-2020, 08:25 AM
grizzly 2
Fork Horn

Wish I had one in Viet Nam to shoot the rats below the bunker I was sitting guard duty on. It was one of two river bunkers we had along a tributary to the Mekong River. Shooting rats gave us something to do during the night. I'd prepare some reduced loads or make shot loads for my M2 Carbine. Really, it would not have been that much different than shooting deer from a tree stand. The hunting part though would certainly not be the same. I didn't get to pick my bunker. But, then again it's not really that much different. We were guests hunting on a farm of my wife's' family. I remember asking one of the the brothers early on, where a good section of the farm would be to set up a stand. There were so many deer in that section of Pike County Illinois that most any tree near some deer sign should prove productive, he told me. Granted, half the fun was finding the right trees and getting closer to the trails and I see your point.