HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Recommendation for a new and maybe lighter turkey gun?
Old 04-07-2020, 02:51 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SportsmanNH
I cant speak for how good the Charles Daly shotguns are, but I did buy one of their muzzleloaders.
Worst freakin gun I ever bought. Constant delays when fired. If the gun so much as heard on the weather that it might rain
it would instantly start to rust both inside the barrel and on the outside of the barrel . I couldn't get rid of it fast enough .
there are BAD guns of all name brands, , this is a fact, just like vehicles
some love a Chevy and some hate em and have nothing but bad luck

guns are this way too, I sold enough of them to see this first hand, I sent back new guns costing thousands as well as some costing under a 100 bucks.

bad one's slip pout the doors on all brands!
but overall, there decent guns for the price point!
and this is also why higher costing guns many times cost MORE< they have some better components that make them higher costing, more durable!,
but if you look back at guns made in the 1800's still about, metals today and bluing process is still better now than then, so, care again matters
as well as , again, NOT getting a lemon in the first place,
there warranty's life time to original owner too, and serive dept is not bad! NOW< is pretty decent, way better now than a decade ago or more
Charles Daly, have come up in standards over some gens back IMO!