HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - O DISC + Blue Tape & Results
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 06:43 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by SportsmanNH
Very nice illustration sabotloader . Nice gun too ! One thing caught my attention that you use for cleaning.
The Birchwood Casey 2 in 1 Bore Cleaner. Thats what I have been using for years on every one of my firearms.
Rifles , shotguns , pistols , and my muzzle loaders . The best cleaner I have ever used . Its the only bore cleaner that
really cleans out the packed in fouling from the powder , lead , copper , and plastic from the rifling . Cleans the bore is spotless .

One day a friend of mine and myself sighted in our rifles and had them on the bench for cleaning. He was using Hoppes and swore by how spotless it cleaned his rifle.
We both went about it the same was , soaking a patch and scrubbing with brushes. After we were done and both had clean dry patches , He thought his barrel was spotless and was going to put his rifle back in the case. I asked him to run a wet patch of the Birchwood 2 in 1 down his barrel and let it soak for a few min . He thought I was crazy because his barrel was " spotless " . Well he was amazed that after I ran a brush down his barrel and then ran a slightly wet patch with some more 2 in 1 on it , that the patch came out filthy and looking like he never even cleaned his gun. That was the last time he has used Hoppes for a cleaner.
I really agree with your assessment of 2 in 1. And the more important thing about using it is allowing it time to work! I do the same thing with the large 3" patches of 2 n 1 in the breech plug port. Let it soak!!!