HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Outfitter, guides and hunter charged in elk killing
Old 03-22-2020, 03:33 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
You must have missed where I said the PA general assembly is the entity that creates law requiring a permit. If the PGC could do it, it would have already been done. While guiding and outfitting may be old hat in the west, it is new in PA.
I stand by what I said, if the GAME COMMISSION< the entity that is in charge of defending the wildlife in PA
doesn't have ability to have input in hunting guides and outfitters, its a SAD situation
and they should be getting off there butts and doing what ever it takes to see that there are laws and rules on this subject
and as for it being NEW< I will call BS< there have been adds in old Hunting Magazine for outfitters in PA< for decades back in the 80's awhen PA's fame was a million plus deer for hunters to have access to and all teh game lands to hunt!
SO,. NEW< NO guiding in PA is NOT new
it MAYBE something getting more attention now than ever, since QUALITY of bucks has gone up
but there have been folks offering guiding services in PA, for decades
from bear hunting, to deer, to turkey, to waterfowl hunting!
so if a game dept, is claiming they don;t have SAY, in it, I say again BS< , they should have say in it, and be doing all they can TO have say in it, !
how many yrs does it take or should it take??
if they haven;t known about guides and ioutfitters for decades, I again say, someone if the dept, hasn't been paying attention and well, , sure doesn't make the game commission look that good in my eye's!