HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Newbie hunter, looks for tips for first successful season
Old 03-06-2020, 11:13 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GOOD OLE BOY
I,m from Pa.Do all states require you to take their Safety Course to hunt in their state?

Also do some states Hunter Safety Course supersede other states so my Pa.certification will already suffice?
some states will honor another states hunter safety card or proof of having taken a hunter safety course, but not all play by the same rules, some require the EXACT or a NEW verified one from the states game dept

buddy of mine a few yrs back wanted to hunt a different state(been hunting for like 25 yrs) and they required him to FIND his old card from 26+ yrs ago(needed to either SEE the card or a number off it, as yrs back many didn;t even have any numbers, so you had to produce the actualy card given to you)

which then turned into a big issue, as was so long ago, he had to go to the state he took test in, to get a NEW replacement card which was NO easy task,as from what I gather, they don';t keep records l that long! to be able to prove he took a test!

after countless phone calls and conversations and steps he had to do, he did get one!
But It would have been easier to just go take a new course some where else IMO

SO a heads up, if your haven't taken a course recently and or don't still have your original card
as some states DO require it, over just a hunting Lic.

due to the fact I gather MANY folks have Bought hunting lic, without ever taking a course and just lied on application, I know this was common or some what in many large chain stores yrs back before they went to using drivers lic as they do now!
Had countless customers actually tell me that was how they went around going thru a safety course as they felt it was a waste of time to take one being Older and not wanting to be with little kids!
sad, but true!

Every state has its own rules, , so you need to check them as far in advance as possible before planning any trips