HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I need a pocket pistol
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 11:47 AM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Valorius
Having your gun go off in your pocket is not really related to your finger on the trigger, but rather the action type of the firearm itself.

We can all say "finger off trigger til ready to shoot" , and repeat the 4 rules of safety till blue in the face. People still break them every day. Some designs are more forgiving of mistakes than others. Some are not.

For my money, a true DAO is by far the safest action type for pocket carry. Hency my affinity for the LCP1 and specifically the Custom/10A models.

You are still missing the point, completely! When you have 27 years experience as a police firearms instructor and have trained hundreds of recruits, developed and initiated training programs for continuing training, much of it stress training to teach officers how being under stress affects how a person reacts and how not to allow it to make you forget everything you have been taught, then, perhaps you will be in a position to contradict what I said in my previous post. What I said is inarguable, if your finger is not on the trigger your gun will not fire.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 02-12-2020 at 11:49 AM.