HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I need a pocket pistol
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 10:32 PM
Valorius
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Actually the brain of the person carrying the handgun is the safety on all handguns. It doesn't matter if the gun is carried in the pocket or a holster you simply do not put your finger on the trigger until the gun is on target and you will not have to worry about an accidental discharge. I carry a Kahr MK 40, it is a striker gun like a Glock and has no safety. The fact it has no safety probably saved my life several years ago, I walked up to a 165 lb wild boar I shot and I thought was dead. After a reasonable amount of time I approached it to take pictures. I took one picture from the side and then walked to the front to get a picture of the cutters, I was about 4 feet away camera in hand rifle slung on my shoulder. When the flash on the camera went off the hog blinked,and before I could say oh s--t he charged me. I drew and fired in one motion and killed him at my feet. If I had to deal with a safety under those circumstances he most likely would have tore me up and I would have bed to death . Guns with no safety are not the problem, people who can't keep their fingers off the trigger before it is time to shoot are the problem.
All people are human and make mistakes. Safety features provide a margin of error in those cases where Mr. Murphy reminds you that you are not Jesus.

"To err is human."