HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shipping damage
Thread: Shipping damage
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 06:03 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Now that's a thought I hadn't considered. I'll look into that. Again- I'm not touching it until I find out what ups/shipper is going to do. But will certainly keep that in mind

-Jake
I also wouldn;t touch anything til I found out what will end up being what!

I just figured its a option as to a full stock replacement,, maybe you didn;t think about, and well, dumb luck like where the damage is too LOL

and again, the cap can be a LOT of things, even seen some that folks had made special that help a photo of there kids, or such,a s planned to hand gun down to them yrs later

that one link to E bay, the guy makes about anything, with the custom engraving option he has, and rather cheap too IMO

as again, if you do something like a cap there, the sky is the limit on what you could maybe add to it?
won't again be a 100% original gun, so has that fall back to it, but still, not a bad idea

if you look at some of Browning rifles they have mahogany caps on many of there higher end pretty wood stocked rifles, and I always felt that wa sa nice look to things as well, over just a cap, , little more skill required to make them fit and blend in well, but in the end might be a VERY nice touch to a classic rifle like the BLR's are or IMO would be nice!
OR even buy a new stock set and still do so, and use one for hunting and one to keep gun all pretty and such LOL