HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shipping damage
Thread: Shipping damage
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 03:08 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
I
I tend to assume any time a firearm is shipped, it WILL be dropped, kicked, and ran over by someone in the chain of custody.
this is what I do and I always insure things for MORE than there worth, if a shipper challenges me on values, I tell them they were PARTS, and if they wish to break down a gun into a parts list and BUY all the parts, they will soon find out how much a GUN is worth, as when you BUY each and every p[art on a gun, to MAKE it,,, the costs add up REAL fast to a crazy number

NOW< also keep in mind if you DO order a new STOCK
that the odds are HIGH it will NOT match the forearm colors, this may matter more to some folks than others, but only way to get a like matching set, is to BUY a full set that is matching

On the flip side, there are some other stock makers that make some nice up graded wood stocks, and could be a round about way to suck up the costs and add some Higher ending wood to things!

I'm from the school when I HAVE to fix something if a UP grade is possible, I tend to go there, as all original went out the window when you replace things!