HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Browning BLR .300wsm
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 07:32 AM
hardcastonly
Super Moderator

how about posting a link to the ship damage thread,
btw I know from experience that some people DELIBERATELY try to damage firearms in shipment

some people go out of their way to damage fireams, purposely they want to reduce interest in hunting, or the ability of hunters to plan a hunt successfully

the first time I went out of state to hunt ( northern california)
I bought a decent rifle case,
to make it easy to find in case there were several hunters with similar cases

I painted mine in
ALTERNATING

HOT PINK
SKY BLUE

BLOOD RED
ELECTRIC GREEN
PASSION PURPLE

AND
HAZARD ORANGE

3" wide STRIPES
needless to say it stood out from the other luggage cases
while I waiting to board the plane I see the guys loading luggage on the plane DELIBERATELY drop several rifle cases off the conveyor belt, by pushing them off the edge with their feet , then picking them up and throwing them back on the conveyor belt, where most fell off a second or third time before they go loaded in the planes cargo section, I was REALLY PISSED and complained immediately and was told they would look into that..with a stupid smile from the boarding girl I complained too!
I never heard a word from the air lines about this later, it was the LAST time I flew with firearms
(btw the case was dented and heavily scratched but the rifle inside was fine) so it pays to buy a good quality case.

btw there was a small pad lock on each latch and several layers of duct tape over and completely around the case keeping the locks from bouncing or snagging on other cases, that is no longer alowed, one more reason I drive rather than fly from florida to western states to hunt

Last edited by hardcastonly; 02-08-2020 at 07:37 AM.