View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 11:06 AM
Alsatian
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by grouch55 View Post
Libs are now finding out there is consequences to being on the losing side
I don't know the particulars, and the article does not elaborate. I would present your idea differently. Undermining your superior is not desirable. Disagreement, presenting a contrary analysis is often desired. At the same time, the ultimate decision remains with the boss, and the subordinates must carry out the boss's decision. If this guy leaked information, took action to undermine the president, resisted his orders in any of the myriad ways people can resist such orders . . . yes, it is just that he be booted. We didn't elect Vindman, we elected Donald Trump. Mostly we elected Donald Trump because we DIDN'T like the status quo of a lot of things, including US foreign policy. You bet Trump's foreign policy is going to look different from Obama's foreign policy. You bet Trump's foreign policy is going to look different from Bush's foreign policy. You bet Trump's foreign policy is going to look different from Bill Clinton's foreign policy. I would not look back on any of those presidencies -- and that is 24 years of foreign policy for those weak in arithmetic -- as setting standards of good foreign policy. I would go further and suggest there are a heck of a lot of foreign policy professionals and academics who have their heads up their butts, if it can be inferred that they had something to do with that 24 years of foreign policy.

Last edited by Alsatian; 02-07-2020 at 11:10 AM.