HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - GOEX vs Pyrodox Shelf Life and Performance
Old 02-02-2020, 02:02 PM
Breechplug
Nontypical Buck

I'm going with Pyrodex "P" just sent my buddy to Cabela's as he was going there anyway, I told him if they were out of it to get me Pyrodex "Select" The only time I ever had a issue with Pyrodex is this last Season when I bought a new "I thought" box of Pellets and then that's when I got the "PPPHHHFFFFTTTT" and missed a great Buck. I always used Pyrodex RS in My CVA Accura 110grs and never had a problem, but then I tried the Regular Pyrodex 50gr Pellets "2" out of it and they shot Great, so good that I've been using them ever since. From now on I'm going to use my Vacuum Sealer to seal ALL My Powders from now on in the off Season. And as I stated below, I'm going to Keep My Powder Dry and Trust in GOD I'm also having him get me some CCI No11 Caps in case the "Mag Spark" System doesn't work out for me, the GOEX FFFG always shot great with No11 Caps, but I did have a few Miss Fires with them on those Wet Rainy Wet Snowy Days no matter how hard I tried to keep everything dry.