HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cover scent
Thread: cover scent
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 09:55 AM
archeryrob
Fork Horn

I started using an ozone unit this year. Not the kind you put over you while hunting, but one in the closet for my clothes. I was getting blown at a bunch in September and early October and didn't get blown at at all the rest of the year. The idea is Ozone binds with the bacteria that makes your scent and not hiding it but eliminating it. You still smell like Ozone and I have had a few deer look like "Why does it smell like its raining." and look confused. One buck looked uneasy not knowing what it was, one doe stopped, just turned and went back the way she came. All the other didn't pay much if any attention to it.

You can read the entire thing here "Hunting Ozone Closet" I don't recommend running this in an area you will be breathing a lot of this in. I do mine in the basement.

On cover scents, I quit with them 20 some years ago. My daughter tried them and was complaining every time the does got downwind she got busted still. Deer has a better nose than a dog and they say a dog can smell every ingredient in a cake separately. If that is the case they smell the cover scent and you still.