HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Outdoor Liquidators?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 04:50 AM
blksn8k
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Perhaps Gun broker acts as the middle man to transmit the fax or mailing address from the seller to the buyer.
That was kinda my assumption too but it needs to be spelled out more clearly for my feeble mind. The whole process of contact between buyer and seller seems to be similar to other auction websites including eBay. The auction house wants you to work through them which is totally understandable. As best I can tell the only way to communicate any information is via gunbroker's "Ask Seller a Question" option. At least eBay has provisions for making payments, requesting returns, refunds, etc. and resolving any issues. Gunbroker.com not so much. Once the sale is complete you're on your own, or so it seems. In most cases the sale is final and there are no return options. If you never get the item it seems to be your problem to deal with and gunbroker is out of the picture at that point.

My only previous experience with gunbroker.com was an intra-state purchase of a Savage 99. Because it was a transaction between two private parties within the same state there was no requirement, at least at that time, to use an FFL dealer.