HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Taurus pistols and revolvers
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 03:25 PM
hunters_life
Typical Buck

I've handled several of the older revolvers, as nomercy pointed out the all steel ones, and found them to be highly reliable and well valued at the prices they had back then. As far as their pistols go, until I tried, and eventually bought, a PT92 I stayed away from their pistols. My neighbor recently bought a G2c and brought it to me saying she was having stove piping issues. I fired several mags of 3 different ammo brands and weights with not a single issue. Had her come over to let her fire it figuring the complete cleaning I did prior to shooting it may have cured the problem. Well her 2nd shot, stove pipe. And I saw what was wrong right off the bat. The G2c, like most pistols in it's class, needs a pretty good wrist lockup to function flawlessly. Any noodle wristing at all will result in ejection issues. And her wrist is fairly weak. Once I corrected her form her issues cleared right up. Any firearm at a low price point should be looked at with a sharp eye and tested completely before buying. Taurus, while not up there with the big boys in quality, has stepped up to the plate with a much better bat than they used to.