HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 28 years ago
Thread: 28 years ago
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 05:09 AM
Ridge Runner
Nontypical Buck

Default 28 years ago

I bought my first AR, a 13 pound behemoth caller the RRA varminter. I was really impressed with the way the thing shot. that year I was averaging 94% first round hits on woodchucks from 350 to 440 yards, even managed to hit two at 500. carried that beast for miles hunting groundhogs and crows in the river bottom hay fields of eastern wv.
Even though I also possessed a Ruger #1V in 22-250 I carried the RRA because I was so much more accustomed to the trajectory of the 223, with the 250 I was good from 200 to 350 yards and then things got iffy.
With the new push toward gun control from the democratic trolls in DC I did what I always do, went out and bought another EBR (evil black rifle) this is my 5th one, I decided to go with the AR10 platform and after hearing about a round called the 50 Krater, ordered a lower. Well the 50 is not yet available for some reason so I ordered a verioforce tactical 22" complete upper in 6.5 creedmoor. still some work to be done on it, needs a trigger for one and a change in optics. That will have to wait due to the fact that the engine blew in my '03 dodge 3500 work truck, so there goes 5 grand of play money ( course 3 days before the cummins grenaded I purchased a bass boat, that didn't help much)
Anyway, these darn things are getting heavier as I approach my 60th birthday, not sure what it weighs but not sure how much I can carry it. Y'all have a good day

RR