HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Newfoundland Moose Hunt
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 08:33 AM
WVDanimal
Spike

Was a dream buck list hunt of mine that went nowhere near what I thought it would. There are a ton of outfitters up there so good luck narrowing one down. In my opinion, the moose population is severely over stated. The outfitters seem to only look at clients as cash cows and they try to shuffle as many through camp per week as possible. I could nearly count on one hand every moose I saw in an entire week of dawn to dusk hunting. You were urged to shoot the first moose seen within reasonable distance of a road. The outfitter's statement of, "Oh there are 35" bulls everywhere", turned into not being able to produce a single one for me. And if you're anywhere near the meat processor in Cormack, PLEASE reconsider having your animal processed there. Google the results for them and you'll understand. All this being said, I've only been once with one outfitter so take what I say at will. You'll get opinions on all ends of the spectrum. Just do A LOT of research before you settle and set your expectations on a meat hunt vs trophy hunt and you may be alright.