HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I need a pocket pistol
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 07:19 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cub Slayer
Before buying the P938, I was intrigued by the Kimber Solo. It looked very snag-free and concealable. After handling it, and reading MANY reviews, I'm glad I didn't go that route. Much bad press about that gun, and the spring was horrendous.

The Micro 9, on the other hand, looks sweet. Never got to try one.
different models can solve some issue's, and that is why I said I don't bash on keltec's or really any brand name!
I seen many work flawlessly and some models, well?? from ANY brand, have had there down sides

and IMO, .380's are ALL rather picky on being reliable and ammo used in them, break in times and so on
I sold a LOT many yrs back, and most were all designed for Ball ammo,(think Walter PPK and likes) and then folks would try and use hollow points or like (protection) ammo and then have all sorts of reliability issue's

and then came the really compact 9 mm's and again, I think many of these real,small guns, can be AMMO picky as well as limp hand/hold sensitive
I personally am NOT a big fan of .380's nor the super tiny 9's, or any caliber in super tiny semi autos yes some work better than others, but they do lack on a lot of things, a little more gun might not have to over come as much!
this is MY opinion based on my yrs about things

name brand alone to a point, doesn;t always mean will work flawless
seen MANY high end guns have issue's, between finding ammo they liked, to needing to be broken in to get more reliable, and some times, its the shooter that is at fault and NOT the gun too!