HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how many of your gentlemen regularly use a climbing tree stand?
Old 01-03-2020, 02:05 PM
bzlytbeer
Spike

I hunt in IL, and use a Summit Cobra SD, which I think was made around 2000. It works awesome - the only thing that would make it better is a little more seat room. I do have to go in and scout out trees and spots before my hunts if I am going out before dawn, otherwise I spend too much time looking for a spot and making too much noise. For afternoon hunts, it's absolutely perfect.

I like that I can also attach all my gear to the back of the stand and use it like a frame backpack.

I have also fabricated my own version of a Sherpa cart wheel bracket, so it can double as a game or gear cart, and made a bike attachment, so when I go out to anywhere there are roads or decent paths for bikes, I can go further in and not sweat as much as when carrying the stand on my back.

Oh, and one other thing I just figured out this year is that I can wedge the seat into the foot platform and make a chair out of the stand too - now, if I can't find the right tree, or decide to ground hunt, I'm all set in one!
Attached Images     

Last edited by bzlytbeer; 01-03-2020 at 02:15 PM.