HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Game Camera suggestions
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 07:59 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

like I said many times before, until you PAY premium for top line cam's there all like pick of the litter gambles
I have wasted a lot of time and money on cams' buying many times 4-5 at a time of same models
models LOVED by many and many time,s 2-3 of them would be great and a few would be JUNK!
or worse more bad than good ones'

I have then went the other way and bought dirt cheapest I can find cam's and had 4-or of 5 work flawless, GO buy more and well, then the new one's same model and all, SUCKED!

Right now I just bought 5 wildgame cam's off a local store that had em on sale, $40 bucks a cam, back in March of 2019(also had two I bought in jan of 2018)
they came with batteries,SD card and are simple cam's, no real options, minus vid or pic and don;t even have options on how many pic's or blah blah blah
they take a pic every 15 seconds I think, I forget to be honest
the first two cams from 2018 have been outside NON stop since I got them, I get 300-400 pic's a week off teach hem MOST weeks, some times more, some times less they take DECENT pic's both day and night, get about 8+ months out of factory battery's
they worked so well again, when on sale I got more
and they too have been working flawless ever since, BUT I have also owned a few wildgame cams that SUCKED< failed in the first few weeks
so I am NOT saying the MAKER or even model again is worth getting
over the past 20+ yrs using trail cam's I have had a east 25+ stolen off me, and more that failed due to unknown things
so I rather stopped buying top of line cam's unless at places I really DON"T for see them growing legs , But will admit, I never had a top line camera fail on me in under 5 yrs and many are 15+ yrs old and still working
heck I have some 35 mm film cams that still work if I wanted that are over 20+ yrs old LOL
I personally feel quality control is a LOT stricter on the higher end cam's and that is why they last/work better, more consistently from one cam to another!
so back to again when you buy lower costing cam's
you get pick of the litter, some work great and why some folks love "X" brand or model
and others have had BAD luck with same model./maker!
add in silly things like HOW the cam's were shipped, handled in shipping and so on, electronic's IMO< don;'t like being dropped thrown or bounces, heavy vibrations in shipping
so, how they got from factory to YOU matters a LOT!
so, maybe NOT much help I gave, but something to think about!
I run a bunch of cams,and get a few thousand pic's ever week yr round! in temps from 100+ to minus 30 and lower wind chills?