HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting lease stand sites
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 08:50 AM
mackesr
Typical Buck

I am in a very similar situation. I was given the opportunity to join a lease on apprx. 120 acres, mostly open fields. Two brothers already had the lease and let four of us join. The brothers had already scouted the lease and had their stands in place before we joined. I did a lot of scouting and all the big buck sign was in the section the two brothers were hunting. One of my friends didnt like that and kept complaining to me about it but I told him we knew the situation before we joined so not much could be done about it. I just made the best of the situation and like rock said, the deer eventually started moving into the leftover spots. My stands were good for mostly does and smaller bucks but never saw any big buck sign at all for years. I usually took a basket rack 8 most years during archery or muzzleloader seasons. The one year I got lucky and a nice mature buck started a huge scrape in my area and I ended up taking him He was by far the biggest buck I have ever killed. A fifteen pointer with a 20 inch spread that weighed 200lbs which is a big deer for our area. I am still hunting there and my friend moved on. To each his own.