HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting lease stand sites
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 07:15 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I agree with a lot of the above
BUT at same time, I also have this to say
WHY didn;t you pick better spots sooner?
I gather NOTHING was stopping you but yourself
or you might be in one of the them BETTER spots NO?
so, sort of sounds like your also upset about the fact they beat you to them?

since there was NO set rule son things, it sounds like it was a free for all deal
and as such, anyone could have gotten any spot
NO rules ahead of time, and this is what you get,
NOW your upset your in lower odds places on land, and NOW In hunting season upset
Things like this happen when there is piss poor planning ahead of time, and as a result,m you end up on the dirty end of the stick, with no great options
as getting mad at others that got motivated sooner, isn;t really fair
they did there part, they went and scouted and FOUND where they wanted to be, before you did
you could have done the same NO??

I suggest you have some talks about things PLANNING for NEXT yr and NOT be expecting them to change NOW, this yr, as IMO that would NOT be a fair thing to do, they worked, they scouted, they hung stands, they put the time in, so they reap the rewards
more about blaming yourself here than others, I know this sin;t what you wish to hear, but its IMO the honest truth .
I know we all don;t have time to do everything others do, or budgets,
but in life you get what you work for and put into things
PLAN ahead next time, have rules in place on how you plan to work out stand locations, be them in a lottery like deal, pick a number out of a hat or so on
BUT if your doing this, also expect to also PAY your part for stands and the work involved in hanging them, setting them up and so on
Fair is fair, , and if your not providing stands or $$ for them, or the work/time in hanging, cutting shooting lanes and so on
it has to be fair all around, or it will never work out!